Annual Meeting Services – Start to Finish
Dear Continental Client:
As your transfer agent, we stand ready to fulfill your next annual shareholder or special meeting’s requirements from start to finish. That is why we are pleased to provide you with our Annual Meeting Planning Guide as you prepare for the fast-approaching 2013 annual meeting season.
Under the trusted Continental umbrella of services, we offer a comprehensive solution, including:
- Proxy card and material design consultation
- Broker search services
- Interface with the DTCC, Broadridge, plan administrators and intermediaries
- Traditional and Notice & Access material distribution (including stratified mailings and householding)
- Online document conversion and web hosting services
- End-to-end financial printing services, including material evaluation and verification
- Web hosting of proxy and annual meeting material for all constituents
- iPad & tablet-friendly online documents with industry-leading features including tiles
- Telephone and Internet voting platforms
- Proxy tabulation with daily online voting
- Key management reports, such as voted and unvoted lists, that help you calibrate your strategy
- Material storage and fulfillment
- EDGAR & XBRL services (more information attached)
- Inspector of Election
- Invoice verification and processing
The following changes can be expected for 2013:
We are pleased to implement an end-to-end confirmation process based on recommendations from the STA and industry participants. The early voting entitlement reconciliation requirement, along with the expectation that brokers participate in the confirmation process, may eliminate most over-voting exceptions.
Institutional Shareholder Services “ISS” recently released the 2013 Proxy Voting Policies. ISS will apply the updated policies to all public company shareholder meetings as of February 1, 2013. To learn more about the policy updates and ISS’ policy development process, please visit http://www.issgovernance.com/
Continental will apply changes to the voting structure for telephone and internet votes. Generally, there are two options to vote – to vote with management or to vote selectively. We will follow protocol and eliminate the “vote with management” option, therefore shareholders will proceed to vote selectively.
The STA has issued letters to SEC Commissioners Gallagher, Paredes and Aguilar asking that recommendations from the NYSE Proxy Fee Advisory Committee not be approved. For more information, go to the STA’s home page www.stai.org.
For more information about how we can help you maximize the benefits of leveraging Continental as your single-stop annual and special meeting services solution, please contact me or your Account Manager.
Gail Schweda, Vice President
Director- Proxy Services
Continental Stock Transfer & Trust Company
17 Battery Place 8th Floor
New York, NY 10004
A One-Stop Shop from the Industry’s #1 Transfer Agent*
- #1 Stock Transfer Agent in North America 2012, 2011, 2010
- Talon Award, #1 in client satisfaction among midsize agents 2012, 2011, 2010
- Lowest-priced major agent for ten straight years 2012 – 2002
- #1 Annual Meeting Planning & Support 2012, 2011